Wasabi 2024 Cloud Storage Index Report
Insights and trends from Wasabi’s 2024 survey of infrastructure decision-makers and cloud storage users
Cloud storage remains an essential ingredient in modern IT infrastructure environments
Wasabi conducted an online survey of over 1,200 IT decision makers on their organizations’ purchase and decision making process around cloud storage services.
- Survey panel and fieldwork led by Vanson Bourne, a UK-based survey house
- Global geos include North America, EMEA, and APAC
- Industry segmentation includes healthcare, finance, media & entertainment, education, MSPs, state/local government, federal government, technology & telecom, and manufacturing
Cloud storage capacity is expected to grow in 2024
The data is clear. Enthusiasm for cloud storage is on the rise. Respondents overwhelmingly predict they will increase their data storage in the cloud in 2024, with a 9% increase compared to last year.
The top 3 buyer considerations when choosing a cloud storage services provider:
The good and the bad of cloud storage spending
The bad? 53% of organizations exceeded budgeted spending on public cloud storage in 2023.
The good? Excess spending isn’t always because of fee structures and billing complexity. Growing utilization of cloud storage services and data are two of the leading reasons why organizations are exceeded budgeted spend on cloud storage in 2023 – which indicates they are getting more value out of their data and service(s):
- 45% of organizations say they exceeded budget because of additional migration of applications/data to cloud than originally anticipated, and
- 42% of organizations say they exceeded budget because they are using more storage than originally planned
Get the report today as an easy-to-reference PDF
Uncover the changing attitudes toward public cloud storage adoption, the factors that influence buying decisions, and the top priorities when it comes to budget, capacity, vendor selection, billing, features and satisfaction. Download the FULL 2024 Cloud Storage Index Report for FREE.