No Signs of Slowdown in Cloud Storage: Findings from Wasabi’s 2023 Global Cloud Storage Index
The majority of organizations will expand cloud storage capacity and spending in 2023 with significant improvements to be gained in billing/fee structures and multicloud deployments.
Wasabi surveyed 1000 IT decision-makers worldwide to provide insight into how your peers are thinking about their cloud storage strategy and the challenges they face.
- In late 2022, Wasabi commissioned research to better understand cloud storage market trends
- 1,000 IT decision makers involved in their organization’s cloud storage purchases were surveyed
- Global respondent set including North America, EMEA, and APJ
- 65% of respondents have been using public cloud storage since 2019 or earlier
- 41% of respondents identified their cloud IT services strategy & approach as “cloud-first”
How would you describe your organization’s approach to “cloud” IT services adoption, including storage?
Results indicate a positive outlook for cloud storage adoption and spending through 2023:
- 84% expect the amount of data they store in the public cloud to increase in 2023
- 84% expect their public cloud storage budgets to increase in 2023
Top 3 reasons why cloud storage budgets are growing:
1: IT initiatives (e.g., application or infrastructure migration/development)
2: Business initiatives (e.g., digital transformation, cloud modernization)
3: New data security, backup, and/or recovery requirements
However, many orgs struggle to manage and control their cloud storage environment:
- On average, 48% of respondent’s cloud storage bill is allocated to FEES
- 52% exceeded their budgeted spending on cloud storage in 2022
- 41% incurred higher data operations fees than expected
Multicloud, cloud data migration are pervasive, but create key challenges:
- 57% of orgs use more than one public cloud storage provider and struggle to ensure consistency of storage features and data operations/ access across clouds.
- 89% of orgs migrated storage from on prem to public cloud in the last year. This cohort finds difficulty with cloud storage billing and the impact of planned/unplanned downtime associated with data migration.
Get the Report Today as an Easy-to-Reference PDF
Key Findings From Wasabi's 2023 Cloud Storage Index
Join market experts Drew Schlussel and Andrew Smith, as well as Wasabi’s Chief Marketing Officer, Bill Hobbib, as they present key findings from Wasabi’s 2023 Cloud Storage Index. The presenters will discuss everything from cloud storage budgets and billing complexities, to security and compliance, and the challenges of migrating and managing data in a multicloud world.