Wasabi for Hybrid Storage Implementations
Companies are overflowing with data. Exploding numbers of mobile devices and IoT endpoints are generating an ever-increasing volume and variety of data. IDC forecasts worldwide global data generation to grow from 16 zettabytes in 2016 to 163 zettabytes in 2025 as businesses and consumers embrace digital transformation.
Annual Size of the Global Datasphere
Many IT organizations are struggling to keep pace with skyrocketing data growth. Many are hampered by disjointed storage implementations made up of outdated on-premises storage platforms and legacy cloud storage solutions. Siloed storage environments are complicated to administer and expensive to maintain and scale. Instituting storage policies and distributing data across platforms can be a manually intensive, time-consuming process, requiring careful analysis, planning and oversight. Many companies are forced to make difficult decisions about which data to collect, where to store it and for how long. Some preserve only the minimum set of data required to support core business functions or comply with regulatory requirements. Many simply discard excess data that often contains valuable insights into customer behavior and market trends.
Extend On-Prem Storage Investments and Align Costs with Data Value
At Wasabi, we believe businesses shouldn’t have to make agonizing decisions about what data to store and where to store it. Wasabi hot cloud storage is extremely affordable, fast and simple storage for any purpose. You can tightly integrate Wasabi with on-premises storage solutions to protect and extend previous investments, eliminate vendor lock-in and better align storage costs with data value. A Wasabi hybrid storage implementation can help you make the most of your existing IT assets while taking advantage of cloud economics, agility and scalability.
Wasabi hybrid storage use cases include:
- Universal storage pools – combine local storage with Wasabi to create a virtual, instantly scalable storage fabric with unified administration.
- Backup and recovery – use Wasabi to protect on-premises workloads for a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions.
- Archival storage and compliance – use Wasabi for affordable and durable long-term data retention. Automatically move infrequently accessed data to Wasabi to free up expensive SAN or NAS capacity.
- Data center transformation – use Wasabi for transitional storage during mergers and acquisitions, or to support data center relocation or consolidation programs.
- Cap-and-grow – keep existing applications on local storage and use Wasabi as primary storage for new applications like big data and IoT. Avoid disruptive rip-and-replace upgrades. Transition applications to Wasabi over time and gradually decommission legacy storage platforms on your own terms.
Choose from a Variety of Data Management Tools
Wasabi is bit-compatible with Amazon’s popular S3 API. You can use S3-compliant data management applications to construct hybrid storage implementations that seamlessly blend on-premises and cloud-based resources. Best-of-breed, policy-based data management solutions let you automatically distribute data across storage platforms to optimize costs, balance performance or ensure compliance with data retention rules. Our Performance and Certification Team has validated interoperability with a variety of third-party data management products.
A Wasabi hybrid storage solution can help you reduce storage costs, simplify operations, and keep pace with skyrocketing data growth. Check out our knowledge base to learn more about Wasabi and to explore other Wasabi-compatible tools.