H1 Text Can Go Here
- Data transfer between DigitalOcean and Wasabi is free
- Wasabi and DigitalOcean are directly connected for low latency and high performance
- Seamless integration
- Slash IT cost and complexity
- Predictable pricing for both compute and storage
- Freedom to choose for best of breed solutions
- No lock-in makes it easy to design a multi cloud solution
Best in Class, Performance Optimized Compute and Storage Delivered at a Low Cost
Hyperscale clouds such as AWS and Azure offer a vertically integrated offering (storage, compute, database) that are attractive because of the convenience of “one-stop shopping,” much the way big-box retail organizations do for home goods and hardware. The trade-off for convenience is the customers’ ability to choose best of breed in each category and shop for the best pricing. But unlike big-box retailers, hyperscale clouds can become captive platforms that are next to impossible to walk away from because of the network and egress charges that would be incurred by doing so. This is a captive business model that lures organizations with the promise of convenience, but locks them into expensive services.
DigitalOcean and Wasabi have teamed up to combat cloud lock-in and deliver a best of breed compute and storage solution at the lowest price. Best of all, DigitalOcean and Wasabi eliminate network egress charges between DigitalOcean compute and Wasabi storage so our customers can design a multi cloud architecture that freely moves data to where it needs to be.
Predictable Pricing: Compute + Storage
DigitalOcean’s monthly caps and flat pricing offer simple, predictable compute pricing so you’ll always know what you are spending.
Wasabi offers a comparatively simple pricing with choice of flat rate pay as you go pricing or a predictable reserved capacity model where pricing is set for a number of years with volume discounts for term and capacity.
Both models have no additional charges for API requests or egress between compute and storage elements which means that you don’t pay to access your data.
Organizations can run and manage their storage and related applications directly on DigitalOcean VMs, called Droplets.
- Basic Droplets: Balanced virtual machines with a healthy amount of memory tuned to host and scale applications like blogs, web apps, testing and staging environments, in-memory caching, and database.
- General Purpose Droplets: Virtual machines with a healthy balance of memory and dedicated compute hyper-threads from best-inclass processors. Designed for the widest range of mainstream or production workloads, including web application hosting, e-commerce sites, medium-sized databases, and enterprise applications
- CPU-Optimized Droplets: Compute-optimized virtual machines with dedicated hyper-threads from best-in-class Intel CPUs for workloads that rely on CPU more than RAM. Designed for CPU-intensive applications like CI/CD, video encoding, machine learning, ad serving, batch processing, and active front-end web servers.
- Memory-Optimized Droplets: With 100% dedicated vCPU and 8GB of memory for each vCPU, this is our maximum memory Droplet. These Droplets are built for RAM-intensive applications like high-performance databases and real-time big data processing.
Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage
Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage is a universal, one size fits all cloud object storage service that eliminates confusing storage tiers and satisfies nearly all storage performance requirements.
Engineered for extreme data integrity and security, Wasabi provides eleven 9s of object durability and supports configurable data immutability to protect against accidental deletions, ransomware and malware. A parallelized system architecture delivers breakthrough read/write performance, so you can rapidly move data in and out of DigitalOcean.
DigitalOcean & Wasabi Technologies
Using DigitalOcean and Wasabi Together
DigitalOcean and Wasabi make it easy to utilize this powerful compute + storage storage solution. High-speed network connectivity also exists between DigitalOcean compute and Wasabi storage to ensure your applications have the optimal latency between compute and storage.