Wasabi Senior Product Manager – Security & Compliance
Wasabi is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead the Wasabi's efforts in compliance with industry standards that are relevant to cloud services and the industries that we serve. In this role, you will pair your leadership skills with your knowledge of cloud infrastructure and relative industry standards to drive standards compliance in a coordinated way across the organization that addresses our mission - providing the optimal price, performance, and protection for public cloud object storage. The majority of our product management and development teams are based in the Boston, MA area but we are open to candidates elsewhere in the U.S.
The Wasabi hot cloud storage service is an enterprise-grade public cloud object storage service that consists of Wasabi-built and Wasabi-optimized software that operates on leading-edge compute and storage hardware. The Wasabi technology stack is deployed as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in top-tier data centers in 6 storage regions in the US, EMEA, and JAPAC. The number of storage regions will increase in the future, as well the features and packaging options associated with the Wasabi service. The Wasabi service is used by a global customer base with over 25,000 customers and 4,500 resellers. Services that are comparable to Wasabi include AWS S3, Microsoft Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Storage.
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in obtaining and maintaining industry compliance for high-availability cloud services, prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In this position, you should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other product managers and development engineers, and have a solid foundation in product management with a security and compliance focus.
- Provide direction to the company in areas of industry compliance relevant for cloud services
- Drive compliance through product engineering and other company teams
- Coordinate corporate compliance and audits conducted with third-party assessor organizations
- Support Wasabi Sales in RFx responses that require information Wasabi’s compliance with relevant security and other standards
- 3+ years experience as a product manager with security and compliance work as a primary responsibility
- Experience with obtaining industry compliance certification for SaaS or IaaS cloud products
- Experience with the compliance process for with at least 3 industry standards including HIPAA, CJIS, FERPA, GDPR, PCI-DSS, SOC, ISO 27001, MPAA, and SEC
- Experience with US government standard certification and compliance processes including FedRAMP, FIPS 140-2, NIST, and ITAR/ETAR
- BS degree in a technical or business discipline