Technical Accounting Manager
Wasabi Technologies, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and experienced Technical Accounting Manager with superior accounting skills to join our team and report directly to the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will have exceptional accounting skills with specific knowledge of accounting for revenue recognition (SaaS environment), operating/financial leases, debt and equity, and international consolidation. The candidate will help the company scale by focusing on automation and implementing efficient processes resulting in timely month end financial closings. The candidate will be self motivated, detail oriented, have integrity, a team player capable of taking on various aspects of accounting support within the department with increasing responsibility as the Company continues to grow.
- Perform technical accounting research and document the company’s conclusions.
- Monitor accounting literature for new rules and reporting requirements that potentially impact the company; lead the implementation of any new standards.
- Partner with the current Accounting Manager regarding preparing accurate and timely monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Implement accounting policies and practices to maintain compliance with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Work with the Corporate Controller to prepare annual budgets and assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial analysis (MD&A narratives).
- Prepare/review monthly accounts that are identified as high risk (complex accounting issues, need for attention to detail, etc.).
- Implement a consolidation process within Netsuite to accommodate the company’s international expansion (including subsidiaries in Asia and Europe).
- Liaise with international bookkeeping, tax and other service providers regarding payroll, customs, consumption and other tax and accounting matters.
- Manage debt covenant compliance and periodic reporting to lenders.
- Recommend, establish and maintain internal controls as the company grows. This position would have a significant role in implementing SOX internal controls.
- Lead and manage ad-hoc projects as required (i.e. software system implementations to automate processes).
- Represent finance in cross functional project teams.
- Mentor and teach others within the Accounting team.
- Ad hoc finance and tax projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned, commensurate with the level and scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, Masters degree preferred.
- CPA preferred with 5-8+ years related experience in progressive roles with a mix of public/private industry experience. Experienced preparer of consolidated financial statements, including MD&A.
- Software start-up environment experience with exposure to SaaS and/or recurring revenue model.
- Experience with Netsuite, Avalara and other automated, cloud-based systems. Expertise in office productivity software (such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word). Use of Tableau or other BI/analysis software a strong plus.
- Excellent time management skills and deadline conscious.
- Management experience of junior accounting level staff.
- Must have strong communication skills to lead projects/teams and to interact with other departments within the company.
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce a plus.