Wasabi Technologies, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and experienced Staff Accountant to join our team and report directly to the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant is responsible for daily accounting, accounting for all cash activity, maintain fixed asset accounting, accounts payable processing and preparing the related month end account reconciliations. The candidate will be self motivated, detail oriented and a team player capable of taking on various aspects of accounting support within the department with increasing responsibility as the company continues to grow.
- Responsible for daily cash application: download, analyze and record daily bank transactions and credit card transactions.
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliations.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting, monitoring open PO’s for equipment purchases, accounting for movement between construction in process and in-service assets and monthly recording of deprecation expense.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset reconciliation between the fixed asset module and the general ledger.
- Process vendor invoices into NetSuite accounting system.
- Ensure timely payment of vendors, reconcile vendor account statements and communicate with vendors to resolve discrepancies and promote a positive relationship with the company.
- Process employee expense reports using Expensify.
- Prepare monthly accounts payable reconciliation, subsidiary ledger to general ledger.
- Responsible for all sales & use tax accounting, filing and payments. Participate in determining filing requirements and maintaining compliance with the filing requirements per jurisdiction.
- Adhere to internal control processes.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned, commensurate with the level and scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3 to 5 years of Software industry and start-up environment experience with exposure to SaaS and/or recurring revenue model.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Must be detail oriented, attentive to deadlines, strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong organizational skill, ability to multi-task, work under deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively within the Accounting team, with customers/vendors and with other departments.
- Experience with Netsuite accounting software preferred.
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce a plus.
- Expertise in office productivity software (such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word).
- Exposure to SaaS and/or recurring revenue, along with the metrics for such businesses.
Interested parties send a resume and cover letter with subject “Staff Accountant” to email@example.com for consideration.
Principals only. No recruiters.