Senior UI Software Engineer
Wasabi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Applications and Business Services software development team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of software design and development to help a team dedicated to building highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative applications for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service.
The Wasabi hot cloud storage service is an enterprise-grade public cloud object storage service that consists of Wasabi-built and Wasabi-optimized software that operates on leading-edge compute and storage hardware. The Wasabi technology stack is deployed as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in top-tier data centers in 6 storage regions in the US, EMEA, and JAPAC. The number of storage regions will increase in the future, as well the features and packaging options associated with the Wasabi service. The Wasabi service is used by a global customer base with over 25,000 customers and 4,500 resellers. Services that are comparable to Wasabi include AWS S3, Microsoft Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Storage.
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In this position, you should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
- Work with a highly effective agile team building a global application and services platform.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve application software
- Contribute and drive idea generation for new application capabilities and bring them to
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation
- Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application
- Contribute to the improvement of the application team’s software and agile process
- 5+ years of UI development experience, building application software that delight users and exceed their expectations
- 2+ Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Experience consuming RESTful API’s and have a thorough understanding of modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger)
- Familiarity with modern virtualization and containerization technologies (virtual machines, Docker, Kubernetes, etc) and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Possess a good attitude and a “team-first” mentality