Senior Software Engineer – Infrastructure and Tools Team
Wasabi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure and Tools team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of cloud technologies to help a team dedicated to building a highly reliable, secure and scalable on-premise Kubernetes cloud infrastructure for Wasabi’s innovative hot cloud storage service.
The Wasabi hot cloud storage service is an enterprise-grade public cloud object storage service that consists of Wasabi-built and Wasabi-optimized software that operates on leading-edge compute and storage hardware. The Wasabi technology stack is deployed as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in top-tier data centers in 6 storage regions in the US, EMEA, and JAPAC. The number of storage regions will increase in the future, as well the features and packaging options associated with the Wasabi service. The Wasabi service is used by a global customer base with over 25,000 customers and 4,500 resellers. Services that are comparable to Wasabi include AWS S3, Microsoft Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Storage.
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. You should have 5 years experience working with Cloud infrastructures like AWS, GCP or Azure. You should have at least 2 years experience working with Kubernetes. In this position, you should also demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design and infrastructure architecture.
- Work with a highly effective agile team building a global on-premise Kubernetes cloud infrastructure.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Ansible and Terraform deployment scripts.
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation
- Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application stakeholders
- Contribute to the improvement of the application team’s software and agile process
- Provide training and support.
- Ensure operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Document all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
- 7+ years of software development experience is preferred, including building/scaling large throughput systems and maintaining backend resources for customer facing applications (APIs, Databases, etc.)
- 5+ years of public cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Ansible Playbook or a similar technology like Chef, Puppet, etc
- Experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Thanos, etc
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Experience working with web services and have a thorough understanding of modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger, gRPC)
- Experience with shell scripting
- Golang experience
- On-premise Kubernetes
- DNS experience