Wasabi Technologies, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Accountant to join our team and report directly to the Accounting Manager. This position is ideal for a candidate who is hands-on and is looking to work in a fast pace environment with a company experiencing dynamic growth. The candidate will be self motivated, detail oriented, have integrity and a team player capable of taking on increasing responsibility as the Company continues to grow.
- Perform monthly close tasks, including posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet and income statement accounts, preparing financial analysis while ensuring completion of checklists.
- Support the Accounting department’s preparation of accurante and timely monthly financial statements.
- Ensure proper period end cut off procedures are followed for revenue and expenses.
- Maintaining compliance with company accounting policies and practices to comply with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required (i.e. software system implementations to automate processes).
- Evaluate and make suggestions for continuous improvement in the company’s internal control processes.
- Other duties as assigned, commensurate with the level and scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, Masters degree and/or CPA a plus.
- 5-8+ years related Software industry experience in a start-up environment with exposure to SaaS and/or recurring revenue model.
- Understandng of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work indepently and with a team in a fast pace environment with emphasis on accuracy.
- Must be detail oriented, attentive to deadlines, strong analytic and problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- A history of progressive responsibility and management experience of junior accounting staff.
- Experience with Netsuite, Avalara and other automated systems. Expertise in office productivity software (such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word). Use of Tableau or other BI/analysis software a strong plus.
- Must have strong communication skills to lead projects/teams and to interact with other departments within the company.
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce a plus.
Interested parties send a resume and cover letter with subject “Senior Accountant” to email@example.com for consideration.
Principals only. No recruiters.