Principal Software Engineer
Wasabi is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Applications and Business Services software development team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of software design and development to help a team dedicated to building highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative technology for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service.
The Wasabi hot cloud storage service is an enterprise-grade public cloud object storage service that consists of Wasabi-built and Wasabi-optimized software that operates on leading-edge compute and storage hardware. The Wasabi technology stack is deployed as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in top-tier data centers in 6 storage regions in the US, EMEA, and JAPAC. The number of storage regions will increase in the future, as well the features and packaging options associated with the Wasabi service. The Wasabi service is used by a global customer base with over 25,000 customers and 4,500 resellers. Services that are comparable to Wasabi include AWS S3, Microsoft Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Storage.
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In this position, you should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
- Work with a highly effective agile team building a global application and services platform.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software as a secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant platform
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation
- Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application stakeholders
- Contribute to the improvement of the application team’s software and agile process
- 7+ years of software development experience, including building/scaling large throughput systems and maintaining backend resources for customer facing applications (APIs, Databases, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Experience with Go
- Experience working with web services and have a thorough understanding of modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger, gRPC)
- Familiarity with modern virtualization and containerization technologies (virtual machines, Docker, Kubernetes, etc) and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with SQL and developing applications with relational database technologies (MySQL is preferred)
- Previous experience in a cloud storage environment
- Possess a good attitude and a “team-first” mentality