MySQL Internals Developer
About You: You have an extensive knowledge of the open-source MySQL code base, where you have developed enhancements and bug fixes, either in the open source community or a private repository
You will be an essential part of our development team as we enter a critical phase of our business and technical expansion. We are fully committed to MySQL forming the base of our metadata storage and we need to customize and push the MySQL engine beyond its current capabilities. You will lead this effort.
Our development team works in a Linux environment with the latest in development technologies. You will be a key member of this team.
- Understands the MySQL internal design and code organization and makes significant contributions to the open source MySQL server project
- Able to understand and design complex projects
- Experience in a startup environment
- Self starter and able to manage projects
- A team player who can give and take. Close teamwork is essential to our success.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Thorough understanding of a modern programming language such as C++ and Go
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective analytical skills, with problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to “drill-down” to figure out the root cause of complex problems
- Ability to collaborate with a talented, diverse team of Development, QA and DevOps