IT Support Specialist
Wasabi Technologies is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated IT Support Specialist to join our Administration team, which is responsible for scaling our systems and processes to accommodate our exponential growth. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting a wide range of activities including the administration of Wasabi’s various IT systems, cloud-based collaboration tools, and IT hardware assets (laptops, printers, etc). The IT Support Specialist will work directly with end users and will support adoption & compliance of Wasabi’s IT systems through the creation of process documentation & training materials.
The candidate will be responsible for providing in-person and remote IT support to end users and will ensure the security of company laptops and other hardware devices as well as software and related services. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day technology support needs of the organization and will also contribute to the implementation of strategic IT projects.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and can thrive in a fast-paced high-growth environment. This role requires a passion for learning and a strong ability to pick up on new technologies quickly. Flexibility, attention to detail, communication and problem-solving skills are essential for success in this position.
This position reports to the Director of Business Systems and will directly contribute to the achievement of Wasabi’s tactical & strategic IT objectives.
- Provide IT support to 100-200 users in a mostly remote, global environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with IT software and hardware
- Manage tickets via the IT Help Desk and resolve issues in accordance with SLAs
- Own execution of the IT onboarding process for new employees
- Manage procurement and tracking of new laptops and IT equipment
- Ensure the security and compliance of all company laptops & devices
- Evaluate new technology solutions and support testing / implementation
- Create and maintain IT procedures and reports to support the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in an IT Support role
- Experience providing remote support to Windows, Mac and Linux users
- Experience with remote deployment & support technologies
- Experience supporting collaboration tools such as Gsuite, Office 365, Slack, Zoom
- Experience with Endpoint Protection software
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Certifications preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with confidence to support technical users
- A “hands on” style and ability to wear multiple hats and juggle multiple priorities in a start-up environment