Applications and Business Services Software Development Manager
Wasabi is seeking a software development manager with architecture skills to manage the applications and business services software engineering team. In this role, you will pair your leadership skills with your knowledge of software architecture best-practices to lead an organization dedicated to highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative technologies for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service.
The Wasabi hot cloud storage service is an enterprise-grade public cloud object storage service that consists of Wasabi-built and Wasabi-optimized software that operates on leading-edge compute and storage hardware. The Wasabi technology stack is deployed as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in top-tier data centers in 6 storage regions in the US, EMEA, and JAPAC. The number of storage regions will increase in the future, as well the features and packaging options associated with the Wasabi service. The Wasabi service is used by a global customer base with over 25,000 customers and 4,500 resellers. Services that are comparable to Wasabi include AWS S3, Microsoft Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Storage.
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in software development for high-availability cloud services, prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In this position, you should demonstrate an agile mindset, excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
- Contribute to the architecture for applications and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that enable internal and external users and applications to interact with Wasabi’s core technology platform interactively and programmatically
- Provide architectural guidance, technical leadership, and mentorship for a team of application and API developers
- Work with Product Management to ensure that the application team’s development activities are in line with the company’s business objectives and priorities
- Work with other Wasabi engineering and infrastructure teams to ensure that Wasabi’s physical and logical network and DevOps infrastructures can fully support our application and API requirements, from both a development and an operational (e.g. performance, observability, manageability, reliability, scalability) perspective
- Help Wasabi build a truly world-class application and API development platform, process, and team
- Minimum of 10 years of full stack experience designing and developing database-driven Web applications and APIs
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Experience developing application services in Go is desirable (but not required)
- Deep understanding of and hands-on development experience with “back end” application technologies, including relational databases, database abstraction layers, query builders, object relational mappers, entity relationships, migrations, etc, as well as NoSQL databases and technologies
- Solid understanding of and development experience with “front end” web-based application technologies and frameworks (e.g. REACT, Angular, Vue.js)
- Thorough understanding of modern API best practices, standards and technologies (REST, GraphQL, Swagger/OpenAPI, Authentication and Authorization mechanisms, webhooks and streaming notifications, etc)
- Experience designing and building highly available, highly scalable applications and APIs and their underlying platforms and infrastructures
- Familiarity with modern virtualization and containerization technologies (virtual machines, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc) and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc)
Principals only. No recruiters.Apply Now