Gartner: 2020 Strategic Roadmap for Storage
"Advanced storage technologies and consumption-based IT services provide the agility and flexibility needed to thrive in a digital economy. I&O leaders must invest in application-aware infrastructure, embrace infrastructure-led-innovation and modernize storage systems for hybrid cloud services."Download the Full Report
- Organizations are focusing on continuous cost optimization and fiscal constraints in the post-COVID-19 digital economy, with I&O leaders reinvesting savings in digital business initiatives.
- Widespread use of artificial intelligence operations (AIOps) will transform IT infrastructure management into a more proactive, predictive environment, reducing administration and downtime costs.
- Most I&O leaders will replace expensive on-premises backup solutions with hybrid cloud storage services for disaster recovery (DR), cybersecurity and nondisruptive testing.
- Most I&O leaders cited increased operational efficiency and alignment with digital business initiatives as their top two reasons to modernize core IT systems.
- Organizations that have successfully implemented comprehensive and adaptive data governance increase trust in their data and improve data management process efficiencies.
Infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders responsible for data center infrastructure must:
- Eliminate technical debt and underutilized capacity by implementing a culture of financially sustainable, continuous cost management that avoids shortcuts.
- Harness increasingly diverse data assets for real-time analysis by investing in AIOps to augment IT functions, support hybrid storage and deliver self-service features.
- Centralize, simplify and secure existing backup (BU) systems by implementing a hybrid cloud, IT services-based platform strategy.
- Modernize and automate legacy storage systems by proactively using advanced storage technologies to drive infrastructure-led innovation.
- Close the data governance gap by continuously controlling access to data with AI/machine learning (ML) policy-driven protection measures.
Get the full Research Report today as an easy-to-reference PDF
2020 Strategic Roadmap for Storage, Jeff Vogel, Julia Palmer, Michael Hoeck, Jerry Rozeman, Santhosh Rao, Joseph Unsworth, Published 1 July 2020
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.